Diana Cowpe Ltd is a private limited company, registered in England No. 07688028. Registered Address: Unit 2, Gregge Street Works, Gregge Street, Heywood, Lancashire, OL10 2ED and acts as the data controller.
Diana Cowpe Ltd hereinto referred to as ("We" or "Us") are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of any data held by us that relates to you or your Company.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions of trade and any other documents referred to within it) outlines how any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed and managed. Please read the following terms carefully to understand our practices and procedures regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Data We Collect
On many occasions we may record or process any of the following information from you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.dianacowpe.com or www.theduvetandpillowcompany.com hereinto referred to as ("our Sites"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Sites, subscribing to our services such as newsletters, posting material or requesting further services or information. This may also include information provided by you at the time of updating or making changes to your existing account with us via our Sites. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Sites;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Sites and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access;
- if you contact us or we engage in meetings, we may keep a record of minutes, telephone call notes or any written or email correspondence;
- completed surveys that we may use for research and marketing purposes;
Personal Data Storage
The information you provide to us is processed and stored on our secure, fully encrypted cloud based servers within the EU. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Your passwords should not be shared with any other individual or company.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features ensuring we do everything possible to protect your data.
Using Your Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations as a supplier arising from purchases of goods or services in order to offer you with the best possible service levels;
- to ensure that content from our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer based on the browser and device you are using to access our Sites;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to notify you about changes to our products and services;
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email, post or telephone.
Disclosure of Your Information
We will disclose your information to third parties such as couriers and mail services in order to fulfil any order made by you on our Sites or directly. We will only provide such third parties with the information they need to perform their function properly in accordance with their contracts.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if We or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and any other enforceable agreements and rights we hold;
- for enabling a third party to contact you so that you can provide feedback on our products and services offered for business improvement purposes.
We may collect information about the devices or computers you use to access our Sites, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report information to our partners such as online marketing agencies. This is statistical data about our users' browsing behaviours only, and does not identify any individual.
Additionally, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer or browsing device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer or device’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and a more personalised service for you. The type of cookies that our Sites use enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, allowing us to customise our Sites according to your needs, preferences and interests;
- to speed up your searches and browsing experience;
- to recognise you when you return to our Sites.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which gives you the option to block the setting for storing Cookie based information from our Sites. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Sites. Unless you have adjusted your browser setting so that it will block cookies, our system will issue cookies when you log on to our Sites. You have consented to the use of these cookie files by accepting this policy.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal or company data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party other than those outlined above for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Should our Sites contain links to and from the websites of our partners, third party retailers or any other affiliates you will be bound by the privacy terms of those websites. Given this, we do not accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to any other associated website.
Accessing Your Information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Changes and Revisions